updating my system this stuff good?

Ecthelion

Baseband Member
made a post many many months back looking to build a new pc but life got in the way. and now i have alittle money to spend again and im looking to put some new hardware in my machine. im wondering if this would be good of course im a gamer i was looking at cod ghosts or bf4 or the new gta. i know it wont be playing on on ultra or anything with the card i picked but i dont need that. i dont have a HD monitor so i think its makes it easier on a card?

i was looking at
GPU - MSI N660 TF 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - Newegg.com
PSU - CORSAIR CXM series CX500M 500W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com
RAM - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK - Newegg.com

current specs
CPU- intel-q9400
GPU- XFX-6770
Ram- G-Skill 2x2gbs of 1333mhz ram
Powersupply- Apex 500w
motherboard- Gigabyte EP43T-UD3L

Last edited:
The Seasonic is of better quality, not saying the CXm is necessarily bad. Just with it only being 500w, you would need to upgrade again later if you ever wanted to get a better card. For relatively the same price, the 620w Seasonic would last you a lot longer. Just get handy with the zip ties lol.

i intend this to be my last update of this rig no matter what =P with saying that would you still say the seasonic? dont think ill ever need a 620w with this stuff

Items like the PSU and case can continue to run in your rig for years. No reason to settle them to one specific setup. Hence why I make it a point telling people, just get one good quality PSU and it'll last you years.

this is true but im breaking my own rule and im counting on rebates for this stuff thats why i left out a budget from my post and asked if the stuff was good. tho i should of used the word decent so unless corsair QC tanked it. i do appreciate you taking the time to help me ^^

That's why I said, just pay the extra 10 bucks. The rebate card is for Newegg purchases only, so unless you plan to buy the PSU, wait for the rebate card, then use it on your other items it makes it kind of pointless.

Edit: Apparently it depends on the item. For most now you get a prepaid Visa in the mail, but it takes 4-8 weeks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom