Help with my computer! pls D:

3900 penguins

Solid State Member
Hi guys, i'm not a pro at building computers or anything like that but I just built a new pc with the following specs:

Motherboard - Asus M5A97 R2 AM3+
CPU - AMD FX series 8350 AM3+ 4.00GHz 8MB Black Edition
Graphics Card - Asus Radeon HD7850 DC2 2GB DDR5
RAM - 1600 Corsair vengeance cl9 ddr3 8gb (2x4GB)
Hard Disk - Western Digital Caviar blue 1TB 3.5" SataIII
Cooler - Thermalight True Spirit 140BW
SSD - Samsung 840 Basic 120GB SataIII
Power supply - Templarius Impertator 650W 80 Plus Bronze

The problem that I have is when I play, sometimes the computer shuts down all by itself and doesnt start again. I can't turn it on unless I turn the power supply off and on again. It is happenning quite frequently in the past 2 days. The computer is new (2 weeks) and I don't know the problem with it. I already asked a friend about it (he knows a little bit about computers and doesn't know the reason too). Only the computer shuts down, the monitor is still on after the random shut down. I believe it is a hardware problem but if it is not pls help me solving it too. The proccess when it turns off is this:

I'm playing the game and in windowed mode so I can check the temperature of the CPU and it is around 45ºCelsiums.
It randomly shuts down. I can't turn it on unless turn the power supply off and on.

I appreciatte your help in advance if you give me some, thank you.

I'm sorry you had to go through the trouble. The problem may be with the amount of amps going through your PC is insufficient.

A standard wall socket is;

Watts = Volts x Amps
= 120 volts x 12 Amps
= 1440 watts
All systems on the pc may not be compatible with one another anymore. New technology is changing very fast. Must keep up with all of the standards and specs.

Thanks, so if I get a better Power Supply i can fix it? If so, can you recommend me anything?

Your PSU is fine.

You need to do some stress testing to see if your CPU and GPU are stable.

With all background processes and programs turned off, download and run this and this to test your CPU. Monitor your max temps and report what the load temps are while running.

Next up, download MSI Afterburner which comes bundled with MSI Kombustor. Use Kombustor to load your GPU and monitor the load temps. If your PC doesn't shut down while this is going on, then whatever game you are running (or background task) is causing the shutdown.
If the PC shuts down while running either of these, you then can be assured it's a hardware problem.

I got the report:

CPU max temp: 40ºC
GPU Temp: 46ºC

Didn't shut down.

When the computer shuts down is when I'm playing League of Legends and the background processes are the default ones. I'm using windows 8.1

Back
Top Bottom