Putting PC to sleep while uTorrent is running means no internet on wake

Knife Man

Solid State Member
Title says it all. I have to manually close out of uTorrent before I sleep my PC, because if I don't, my computer will wake without internet connectivity for 5+ minutes.

Anyone know the cause or a fix?

We aren't allowed to post or talk about torrents for legal reasons. Sorry.

Allowed:

1. Linux Distributions
2. GPL Software
3. Open Source Software
4. Free distribution software
5. Public Domain Software
6. Items on sites that are legal to torrent from as they have the distribution rights from the copyright owner.
7. Clients*
8. Open Beta (OS, Software, Games)

Not Allowed:

1. Specific site access**
2. Specific torrents within a client***
3. All other items that are not covered by the Allowed List above.
4. Any topic on games, software or other items which have leaked to the internet but are not available to the general public.****

* Topics about Clients is allowed when it is News of a release, beta version or configuration setup. General Guidelines on how to use a client will be allowed as long as no file names or descriptions are given. Discussion of specific torrent clients is allowed. Topics pertaining to µTorrent compared to Vuse, Azureus or any other client would fall under this heading. As long as no specifics on the files being used.

Like the rules say, as long as there's no discussion of filenames, client discussion is allowed :).

Anyway, @OP:

Have you made sure your network drivers are up to date from the manufacturer (not according to Windows)? Are you on a stable / up to date version of uTorrent?

I'm confident about my network, but I am running an old version of uTorrent's client (3.2.3), because I was having problems with the newest version unrelated to this particular issue. However, this problem has been with me for a year, across several versions of the client.

Title says it all. I have to manually close out of uTorrent before I sleep my PC, because if I don't, my computer will wake without internet connectivity for 5+ minutes.

Anyone know the cause or a fix?

Don't put it to sleep. Seriously. I never put mine to sleep; I just turn off my monitors.

Don't put it to sleep. Seriously. I never put mine to sleep; I just turn off my monitors.

Sadly, my PC is very loud and my case fan controller came broken. Plus, I won my PC in a contest so nothing's warrantied. It's not that big of a deal. Would just prefer a solution oriented around the program causing the problem.

Back
Top Bottom