extreme mouse lag from something?

flipp1234567

In Runtime
Hi guys. This issue may be in the wrong area... if so sorry.

I'm a windows 7 user (don't know what sp) and i'm getting major mouse lag issues when i alt tab out of a game. my mouse lags/jumps and when i click, it clicks 3-6 times when i only mean to click once and it's a pain. It started with League of Legends, but recently it's been happening to other games like Starcraft 2 when i alt tab, as well as Path of Exile. I heard that windows 8.1 is causing mouse lag (perhaps similar to this?) with video games. Is there anything i can do to fix this? because it's also affecting my gameplay.

If this is happening in game, you might have something besides the game itself hogging resources. Try turning off everything except the game and see if this happens.

i seemed pretty skeptical about my GPU being bad and my CPU being rather slow, (i5-2500k and radon7970) so i took PP's input more seriously and scanned w/ malwarebytes

IDK if it was the mass of PUP's (because i don't think they use that much resources) on my computer or the fact i didn't restart my computer for a couple weeks, but it got fixed after i removed 350 PUP's and restarted my computer. (don't ask why i had 350 PUPs, because idk either)
Thanks guys :)

Lots of sketchy programs use more resources in the background than one would think, just ask my brother in law (figuratively). Too many processes running in the background can also cause the resource management in 7 to get a bit wonky and make USB very laggy. I have this problem myself.

Back
Top Bottom