overclok'n a duron 800Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

Daemon Poster
i hav a duron 800Mhz i hav made the fsb 105 (norm 100)
i will go furter but i wana kno if it cood any chance at all damage my other hardware.

h.ds
agp, gpu
pci netwrk card
pci sound
ram?
ummm?

Zimon

it's possible to damage your other hardware if your PSU fails, or you up the voltage too much...but not too likely if all your doing is going 5mhz above stock.

if your board does not support locking the pci/AGP bus then you can destroy the rest of your components easily, if you do not see an option for this in your BIOS it is a safe bet that you can't do it and should avoid changing the FSB at the risk of your graphics card and all your PCI cards... you may want to just look into a new motherboard.

i cant lock the pci/agp so il just leave it a 840Mhz a 5% overclock
thankz heeeps guys

Zimon

Everytime your computer runs faster you run a wicked chance of damage (unless you have a proper cooling system).

I fried my graphic card and sound card back then while o/cing my duron 700. these boards don't come with a lock, so take care :)

ok i put it bak but if i just stuk a crappy pci card in a c how far i cood go wood that b an idea? i hav a good cooler cpu now is 27c

i would advise against it, because although you could put in an inexpensive pci card, you could still damage your 5200. dont fry my old Duron simon ;)

You COULD burn up everything in the rig including the fans, heck i've seen people blow wall sockets before. but it's not likely...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom