2 monitors in 1 week broke

Pariya

Baseband Member
Hello. My parents are having troubles. There computer monitor broke, the light for the power signal was on, just nothing showing on the screen. Ok, no problem, monitors don't last forever.

I gave them an old monitor i had. 1 week later this other monitor is dead as well:confused: A bizzare coincidence? Or is there an underlying problem here? They say they never turn the PC off and they did and that's when it would not start back up aka this is when the monitor died, according to them.

And just incase this issue has anything to do with it. Every time they restart the computer in windows screen it will not let them click on a username to load it up. The keyboard and mouse are working, windows just wont allow them to click on a username and load it up. I fix this by doing a system restore each time. Although common sense finally kicked in as i typed this and next time i will disable the guest account and have no password so it will just skip that screen all togethor and load up the only user account.

I doubt it had anything to do with it but i gave them a better surge protector to use and advised them not to spend too much money on a new monitor
(I have no more to give them) incase it happens a third time.

Underlying issue here maby?

This computer does not have a video card. I'll look around or order them a new cord though, it can't hurt.

If you still have problems let me know. Try defraging the hard drive to see if that helps with the login issues. Also your computer needs sleep. It does more harm than good leaving it running non stop. Thats all I can think of without boring myself with diagnostic tests so hopfully it will work. :)

Back
Top Bottom