$950 Budget, whats the best PC I can build?

cnkx94

Beta member
This is my first PC I'm going to be building, need some advice on what to buy cause I'm not too sure. Thanks!

Yeah I need an OS I prefer Windows 7, I'm also going to be using this PC for gaming and editing

Last edited:
Adobe After Effects, Cinema 4d, Sony Vegas just movie editing

Last edited:
Some questions real quick, is it possible to take RAM out of a PC you already have and put it into a new one that you build? Do cases matter when it comes to building a PC?

Question 1: Yes it's possible only given that it's the same type and fits the voltage requirements. IE DDR3 1.65v or less.

Question 2: Only to an extent. You get an ATX board, you need a case that supports at least standard ATX size. You can't squeeze an ATX board into an mATX only case like the Prodigy, or 350D. I just personally use the 200r as the go to cheap but quality build case with decent airflow because it fits the bill.
If you mean can you use your current case, that all depends on a lot of info I don't have yet.

Yes, but IMO it's a turd. Build quality isn't that great and it's real heavy for nothing really. I had a friend who bought one and the door fell off within 2 weeks. The screw holes in the back for the side panel stripped before then.

Back
Top Bottom