Monitor And Video Card Issues

Look how low those 12v numbers are. Although not particularly dangerous, but running a game in the background doesn't usually have a full load on. Run Kombustor with the window up and look at that 12v number again. Anything under 11.75 is problematic usually.

e8en7vqot

Here you go.

Wait?? You are asking questions about a problem that just started on your PC after you added a new GPU, and a new monitor. You have eliminated the monitor as the problem, correct? So what changed? Only the GPU correct. So, have your professional test the gpu in another PC- if it works then there is no doubt it is your PSU. Or throw in your old GPU and see if the problem persists= then the problem is the new GPU.

On the other hand- you could just take the advice of a guy (PP) who had helped many, many people on this site and realize a 5 year old no-name original PSU that is either "400 or 450 watts" may be the problem. It was pointed out very early in this thread that the GPU requires 500 watts- remember. The new GPU needs more power that the old one - therefore, the new GPU and the CPU/mobo all fail to get good power and "blam"= problems. The real question is - did you damage components by using an underpowered PSU or not? So now- because the PSU could have damaged the GPU - you have a permanently damaged GPU so even if you switch out the PSU - the problem will persist. If there is anything I have learned by trolling this site is that the one thing you cannot overlook when putting together a PC is a proper PSU for the system you are building or in this case the system you are changing.

Wait?? You are asking questions about a problem that just started on your PC after you added a new GPU, and a new monitor. You have eliminated the monitor as the problem, correct? So what changed? Only the GPU correct. So, have your professional test the gpu in another PC- if it works then there is no doubt it is your PSU. Or throw in your old GPU and see if the problem persists= then the problem is the new GPU.

On the other hand- you could just take the advice of a guy (PP) who had helped many, many people on this site and realize a 5 year old no-name original PSU that is either "400 or 450 watts" may be the problem. It was pointed out very early in this thread that the GPU requires 500 watts- remember. The new GPU needs more power that the old one - therefore, the new GPU and the CPU/mobo all fail to get good power and "blam"= problems. The real question is - did you damage components by using an underpowered PSU or not? So now- because the PSU could have damaged the GPU - you have a permanently damaged GPU so even if you switch out the PSU - the problem will persist. If there is anything I have learned by trolling this site is that the one thing you cannot overlook when putting together a PC is a proper PSU for the system you are building or in this case the system you are changing.
He's mentioned before he has replaced everything except the PSU during these tests or whatever. The absolute last thing would be the PSU simply by process of elimination.

PP- that was my point- it has to be the PSU- or by now he may have damaged the GPU as well.

SOLVED!

First of all, please don't shout at me for being stupid, I already know it. Second of all, I already tried this, but it probably wasn't done right.
It was the cable.
(place shout with infinite number of !s here)

Back
Top Bottom