ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 shutdown, need help!

It's possible, but I doubt it. Not unless you've gone through some bad storms or your PSU was abused in that way. Mine is an older model too and I damn near blew it up trying to pull a retarded amount of power through it, but it still chugs. If you feel you should replace it, go ahead, to have a new unit before the warranty is up.
Running LinX right now... 5 passes in out of 10 at "All" for RAM and the CPU is running in the mid 50's and the PSU exhaust feels fine... I've not had storms come through and I've taken very good care of my stuff. The only thing that might possibly have ****ed it up is when I do a leak test and do the PSU paperclip trick to turn it on and off. I've only done that 3 times to this PSU. LinX passes take forever at high problem sizes ugh I wanna play WoW lol... Thanks for helping with this though man, I appreciate it!

Running LinX right now... 5 passes in out of 10 at "All" for RAM and the CPU is running in the mid 50's and the PSU exhaust feels fine... I've not had storms come through and I've taken very good care of my stuff. The only thing that might possibly have ****ed it up is when I do a leak test and do the PSU paperclip trick to turn it on and off. I've only done that 3 times to this PSU. LinX passes take forever at high problem sizes ugh I wanna play WoW lol... Thanks for helping with this though man, I appreciate it!
What about GPU testing as well?

Doing the paper clip thing is fine. I do it myself. I had to do that when benching the SLI 580s and 5GHz CPU clock because I had to split my rig to two different PSUs. Easiest way, leave paper clip in and use the switch for off/on.

And NP.

What about GPU testing as well? Doing the paper clip thing is fine. I do it myself. I had to do that when benching the SLI 580s and 5GHz CPU clock because I had to split my rig to two different PSUs. Easiest way, leave paper clip in and use the switch for off/on. And NP.
I'm testing with LinX on "All" memory since I didn't do that last time. I'll test the GPU next. Also, dumb question but I'm guessing I need to have my case fans running at normal day to day RPM's to get a realistic temp idea correct?

I'm testing with LinX on "All" memory since I didn't do that last time. I'll test the GPU next. Also, dumb question but I'm guessing I need to have my case fans running at normal day to day RPM's to get a realistic temp idea correct?
Yea probably.

If you want to test the real load on the PSU, test the GPU individually and if that doesn't seem bad you need to add the CPU too. If you have no problems, it's definitely software.

Yea probably. If you want to test the real load on the PSU, test the GPU individually and if that doesn't seem bad you need to add the CPU too. If you have no problems, it's definitely software.
Just ran 10 passes on Linux with full memory = 14500... Almost 3 hours of testing and the temps were in the mid 50's and it passed so it shouldn't be the CPU or memory. I checked the PSU exhaust and it never got warm. On to testing the GPU and then both the CPU and GPU at the same time. I'll post those results once finished.

Another thing to remember, is testing the CPU and RAM also confirms motherboard stability as well. 4.1 is a mild overclock, I doubted it would be that, and I doubt it's the PSU too. I still think it's software.

Another thing to remember, is testing the CPU and RAM also confirms motherboard stability as well. 4.1 is a mild overclock, I doubted it would be that, and I doubt it's the PSU too. I still think it's software.
Yeah I'm leaning towards that as well... Would you suggest another HX850 for a new PSU? Yeah 3 hours of testing with full memory... If there was an issue I'm guessing I would have seen it.

What Kombustor test do you suggest I run? I see a GF OC Test (GL4) and some others... Suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom