AVG Tune up ? does it actually work?

TheUninvited

Baseband Member
I have downloaded and already used it as it shows me some errors but i am wondering does it actually works or it will mess up my computer?

My brother in law had it on his laptop, and it did absolutely nothing in the way of actually speeding him up. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are nowhere near as bad as him, but I'm going to say it probably won't do much for you either.

I have downloaded and already used it as it shows me some errors but i am wondering does it actually works or it will mess up my computer?

If you would like, compare the results against micosoft normal defrag and basic check disk and repair feature found in windows.
Or....
System Mechanic® - PC Tune-Up Software Experts – iolo Technologies

Newegg.com - iolo System Mechanic - Download

Iolo charges 39.95 for it but on ebay or amazon throughout the year a unused verion will go for about 9.95- 17.95.
Iolo doesn't care if you renew the license with a new product key every year either.
Been a user of if for about 8 years straight, I prefer most people to use this.
1. if you are not at home to self cleanup your computer problems this will do it.
2. if you use your computer alot like I do, then yeah this would be good to have.
You can have a the best ssd or hard drive in the world!
Let your drive become fragmented for over a week without any cleanups or fixes and you'll understand what I mean.

AVG is a good protection for a pc. But Microsoft inc. will require a lot of updates and must refer back to system specs and compatibility. I have a MacAfee, which is even better because it is a smooth and transition and keyboard strokes are easily transferred unto the screen. There are no stalls to it.

McAfee is awful. Just like Norton. Plenty of free AV's that are free and better.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TechForums

I use free Avast for my free A.V. - but they are getting to be a pain trying to sell you their - "full protection" - and it does not update well. Then use Malwarebytes once a week - it catches garbage that Avast does not. Pretty good one/two punch.

I use free Avast for my free A.V. - but they are getting to be a pain trying to sell you their - "full protection" - and it does not update well. Then use Malwarebytes once a week - it catches garbage that Avast does not. Pretty good one/two punch.
I use Avast too. No problems updating though.

Back
Top Bottom