corsair XMS latency question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the hell would you want more than 512MB of RAM?

There is no added advantage to having more RAM than 512MB even with gaming. Today's applications do not need that much memory. Even 1 GB is a waste of money.

The best performing memory is Crucial Ballistix. You should get two 256 MB sticks of that and run it in dual channel. You should also consider something like PC4400 instead of standard PC3200 if you're overclocking. The added speed which is utliized through overclocking will serve you better than to get a lot of memory, quantity isn't always better!

It is like saying, a Geforce 6800 128 MB will perform worse than a GeForce FX5950 256 MB. The 6800 will whoop the FX5950 even with its extra RAM becaues the 6800s ram is running at a higher frequency.

Case closed: no added advantage to memory past 512MB. If you wanna through your money away then go ahead.

Cough idiot. Your speed comes all from your ram. Your computer is not maxed out if your ram isnt maxed out. Your programs store all the info you need onto ram or your VR that is stored on your HD.
it seems to me that some are not very realistic about ram and windows...even 3.1 was a hog, but what most people dont realize is that if your drive is too small it doesnt matter if you have a tera gig of ram ..your in trouble with windows....
perfect example right there.
for HD its all right here
speed=ram +hdd (lets remember that window will take as much " V R ram " as it wants , unless you tell windows no!)
couldnt have said it better my self.

Nvidia fan boy said:
Actually that board should be able to support up to 4 gig of ram. if you say it has 2 slots of each then that means you can put 2 gig of DC ram on each side. I would get the DC because theoreticaly its supposed to double the speed of your machine. Because of the dual channel mode being able to read and write at twice the speed. And Nubius he asked what the best XMS was out there so i told him. Only answering the question. See you guys only make it seem as though im talkign about my computer 24/7 whereas im not so quit making my name bad in other ppls eyes ok?
:beard: :p :beard:

i have to ask ???? 4 gig of ram?? which mobo will let you run that ????

Hey guys ..lets not flame each other here ok.
as for the ram question..who need more than 512meg .?? i do for one, i run my kernal in high ram and every thing under it! and as you saw , windows xp is a hog , also if you are running a bunch of programs in the background, you are running out of ram real quick. if all you run is games and are online just once in a while , then all you need is 512meg and an 80 gig hd.
with todays power hogs , like nvd fn by's machine , then you better be running all you can! also if you do a lot of programing .
i bet he runs a light bill of at least $150.00 us a month just to run his rig! if not more! ! !

First of all, there is MB's thats will do 4 gigs w/ 4 dimm slots.

Second, if you are playing some of latest games, yes you do need more than 512 ram, in my opinion. Does it matter the Latency? Yes, but you should eb able to play anythign with 1024 MB of ram right now even if you use lower settings.

Also, Nvidia, everyone has heard about you and your computer.
Whether you actually find someone do believe you and your benchmark issues is a story upon itself, but their is no reason to flat out call someone an idiot because he is not bloody rich.

Nvidia fan boy said:
actually the best corsair puts out right now is 2x 1gig DC Corsair Twinx XMS pc3200 2-2-2-6. its what i got and its whats on the home page(cprsair)
Try harder to actually read his question and not tell him to buy 2x 1GB sticks of low lat ram.

Oh, Btw. NvidiaFB is a "bloody liar". I have contacted nVidia and they have confirmed that a 6800 EE at a 650 clock speed is IMPOSSIBLE.

i called him an idiot cause of the mistakes hes been telling everybody. the fact that you do need more than 512 and your machine is gonna get a speed bosst by having it maxed w/ ram.

oof, yea its gettin a little heated.

i think 512 is not enough for many people. I am having ram issues (i believe it is my ram) with half life 2. and when i run Autocad and am multitasking my machine definitely feels it. i would like to know more about latencies so if anyone has any intelligent input on that. feel free (not to hijack the thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom