Sata problem

spike47

Baseband Member
Hi

I have just changed my Motherboard , I have got it up and running but I can not get the On-board Sata connections to work , I am not really sure what settings to do in the BIOS settup , there is a Sata setting , which is set at ide at the moment , I think the other settings are Raid and Ach not sure I have spelt the last one correct , has anyone got a idea of what the prob could be .

Foxconn 946Z7 - MA - 8KRS2H .

thanks

spike

You need either IDE or AHCI. Is the HDD just not being detected in any setting?

Hi

Know nothing shows , and the Hard drive led that I have W7 on is on all the time , that is from the only one ide connector on the board , it is if the motheroard does not know what to do ! .

I have tried the Sata connections ( each 1 of the 4 ) on a spare hdd and a DVD rom but nothing and sometimes it hangs when loading up at the Bios select stage .

By the way I am using a ide to Sata addapter on these devices because all my devices are ide !! , I have 3 devices and I have tried them with all 3 ! .

tks

spike

SATA setting in the bios needs to be set to IDE mode, and usually those IDE to SATA boards do not work with optical drives.

Make sure that on each device the jumper is set to master, and that you have the power connector (if applicable) connected. The one I have requires a floppy power connector, yours might not.

Back
Top Bottom