Laptop to Tv via HDMI no HD?

Blala_de

Beta member
Hey,

I have recently bought a new 32" TV, its Full-HD (1080p) and this resulution works fine when Im watching HD TV.

Now, I have connected my Laptop which has a native resolution of 1366x786p via HDMI and it seems that the picture on my TV is just a streched version of the one on my Laptop.

I would really appericiate any help, If anyone needs anything else regarding this topic, im willing to help out in anyway i can.

regards Dave

Right-click somewhere on your desktop, and click "Screen Resolution".

When you duplicate the screen, the TV's resolution will only go as high as the resolution of the laptop's screen (1366x768). If you choose "Extend Desktop to this display", it should automatically switch the TV to its "optimal" resolution (1920x1080).

When you duplicate the screen, the TV's resolution will only go as high as the resolution of the laptop's screen (1366x768). If you choose "Extend Desktop to this display", it should automatically switch the TV to its "optimal" resolution (1920x1080).

This would be the setting to check first. Change from "Duplicate Displays" to "Extend to this display" and it should automatically fix. If not, then do as Yevrag said, and select your TV in the Screen Resolution dialog and set it to 1920x1080.

Thanks for the help, but i guess i didnt describe my problem properly
In the display settings it says 1080P but it doesnt have the sharpness when im using my Pc as when im watching TV on it.

That's because it's a TV, and your PC is treating it like a TV that might potentially have a lower quality panel so colors and sharpness will seem washed out. The #1 reason I tell people "don't use a TV for PC tasks or gaming".

What's the model of the laptop in question? I (or somebody else) can probably take a look at the settings and tell you what to do to make it treat the TV like a PC monitor. HDMI is weird that way.

That's because it's a TV, and your PC is treating it like a TV that might potentially have a lower quality panel so colors and sharpness will seem washed out. The #1 reason I tell people "don't use a TV for PC tasks or gaming".

What's the model of the laptop in question? I (or somebody else) can probably take a look at the settings and tell you what to do to make it treat the TV like a PC monitor. HDMI is weird that way.

I mainly use it for tv but thought i might hook it up to my laptop since it only has a 15.5" screen

anyways the laptop is a Toshiba Satellit L500-1TC hope that helps

Must be Intel GMA, which shouldn't give you that issue. Due to pixel density, viewing PC stuff on the TV will look terrible but just make sure that you have the settings on the TV right, and that it's set to extended desktop with the resolution set to 1920x1080. Other than that, there really isn't much we can say.

For a while I was using a 32" 720p TV as a monitor. The first one I got was a cheap Apex, which was a nightmare. I upgraded to a Samsung and it was great - the picture was never going to be as sharp as a proper monitor, but it was pretty close. However, I just couldn't live with the resolution. I loved having a 32" display, but setting it to anything higher than 1366x768 killed the picture quality, and that's just no way to live. It's still great for watching movies and the such, but right now the TV is collecting dust until I put a HTPC together.

I have an HP laptop that I've gotten a decent picture from when connected to a 55" TV, but it has a discrete GPU. I couldn't game on it because it had noticeable lag, but it looked alright. I've connected other laptops with integrated graphics to that same TV and it was terrible enough to not be worth it.

I use a 50 inch plasma for my monitor for gaming ,etc. Granted, it is a full 1080P plasma, and the PC is pretty decent ( i5 and w a 560ti gpu card) .

Back
Top Bottom