USB Speaker & Mic Wiring to PSTN Speaker Phone

he man

Beta member
Howdy All!

This is he mans first battle on this forum, so play nice!;)

I'm looking to wire a speaker and mic into a landline telephone (PSTN - Uniden FP1200).
It has a speaker phone chip - ie not just a straight up pstn phone - so in theory: I should be able to open it up and wire an extension speaker, and extension mic into it - without feedback issues - that I understand a normal, non-speaker phone would have (correct me if wrong!).

I want to have a greater distance from me to the speaker - as i speak all day on the speaker phone - and it is cooking my face.

So, I want to wire in a speaker and push it back a couple of feet.

I also want to wire in a microphone with a desktop stand so I can be closer to the mic - and hopefully reduce the "i'm calling from a spaceship toilet" vibe:rolleyes:

A couple of questions:
1.feasible y/n?
2.can i use a usb speaker and mic (given that the speaker phone is a plug in electrical type with lcd screen etc - ie it's not just using the low voltage telephone charge to power the speaker?
3.do i need to use a non-usb mic and speaker?
4.am i up in the night (ie barking up the wrong tree, have a couple of kangaroos loose in the top paddock, a few sandwiches short of a picknic, a few sips short of a can of coke...)

Uniden FP1200 Manual

Open to suggestions, other ideas, prescription medication suggestion - whatever!! Let's ROLL!!:cool:

Back
Top Bottom