new gaming rig :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, in another forums (infact this arguement got me a warning back at 600 posts lol ) but yeah some guy said "no way an XP chip will get up to 3ghz" but on this other forum site I visited there's a sticky "Post your Mobile OC's here" and he had a CPU-Z screenshot of his rig at 3.0GHz BUT, he was using Watercooling not air though, so as far as the record on air I'm not sure...

Well according to nubius the heat wasn't the factor...

It wasn't, my CPU would stay in the 30's Celsius even with 2.225 Vcore, the computer overall and motherboard didn't want to handle those voltages though because while in the BIOS trying to reset my settings and lower from 2.225 it shutdown and I got an error sound I hadn't heard before and I know my PC was nowhere near the shutoff temp of 50C at the time...

Soooo it comes down to simply the processor can't handle it, which it seems mine requires quite a bit of voltage on speeds I've seen other people have with the same setup get with less voltage especially like in 4W4K3's case, and even Leonidas has like 2.4GHz at 1.65 whereas I think mine would require 1.725

So yeah, really I don't know, probably motherboard, a little bit of that not wanting 2.225 Vcore :p a little bit of the chip not wanting it, and overall I still don't think 2.225 woulda been able to get 2.8GHz to run without freezing the computer, but I'm not sure, like I said it still froze at 2.15

EDIT: BTW I'd link to that guys screenshot, but you gotta sign up for the forums since it's in a thread sooo yeah =/

Anyone who cares to do a little digging can check out www.extremeoverclocking.com although I found the people to be extremely arrogant, rude, impatient, and a bunch of 'know-it-alls' hence why I still reside here at TF and not over there ;)

Anywho, go into their Forums, then AMD Section, then AMD PROCESSORS, and you can see it in the sticky that says "POST ALL MOBILE OC'S HERE" the guys like on page 3 or 4

Leonidas said:
first off he said he didnt want to overclock why i was suggesting the 2800+ over the mobile... and the 640x480 thing was just explaining that the processor is the "limiting reactant" so to say in only really low resolutions.

also i never said the regular 6600 was bad just suggested the GT

wrong, he is actually interested in overclocking as said here:

krylon said:
Yeah, I've heard how good the xp-m is for overclocking, this is my first build, should I consider it for a budget gaming pc?
Also, is overclocking easy? Or shoud I use a program like Vtune?

i think it would be kind of a waste to ditch the 6600 just to get the GT model, unless he can get EXACTLY what he bought the 6600 for back and use it for the GT model. odn't think that will happen.

4W4K3 said:
wrong, he is actually interested in overclocking as said here:

Wrong, HE you refer to is actually not the person i was speaking to... secondly why are you being an ass about such a simple thing 4W? oh well forgive and forget i guess, either im going insane or something cause i could have sworn someone said they didnt want to overclock but in re-reading i dont see it... but oh well, i was just trying to help and jumping on me for that is kinda stupid... also neither krylon nor Lazerman, the two people i guess you think you are talking to, have 6600... so perhaps we should both re-read this thread. :rolleyes:

Leonidas said:
Wrong, HE you refer to is actually not the person i was speaking to... secondly why are you being an ass about such a simple thing 4W? oh well forgive and forget i guess, either im going insane or something cause i could have sworn someone said they didnt want to overclock but in re-reading i dont see it... but oh well, i was just trying to help and jumping on me for that is kinda stupid... also neither krylon nor Lazerman, the two people i guess you think you are talking to, have 6600... so perhaps we should both re-read this thread. :rolleyes:

First off i'm not jumping on you at all...mearly correcting your posts. This thread was made by Brian911 and that is who i am talking about.

He has a 6600 and he is interested in overclocking. when you said to upgrade to a 6600GT i thought that was a pretty bad move. why? because the difference between the 2 and the money spent would be a waste.

When you said he was not interested in overclocking i corrected you, when he clearly stated he was interested in overclocking and wanted to know more about it. (refer to the first page)

i'm not "being an ass", even though it might read this way to you. i am mereely trying to save this guy some money and give him advice. if you are talking to 2 other people about there upgrades/overclocks...i suggest they make there own thread. as Brian911 made this one and this is who i am trying to help out.

Sorry for the confusion.

Chill out guys, I know both of you and neither of you should be argueing :D

There was a guy that I suggested Overclocking to but he said NO WAY perhaps you're thinking of that thread Leonidas, although I don't remember specifically where that was now. Believe it was under 'Motherboard advice' or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom