AMD Crossfire

luke127

The Ghost
Hey guys, I have a HP Pavilion Dv6 and I am wondering if I am able to use Crossfire. I have checked that my cards are compatible and yes they are. The only thing I am worried about is when I go to enable it, it mentions something about a compatible monitor. Which I have no idea if my default screen is compatible or not. So if someone could help that'd be good, also I am wondering if my mobo is compatible or not.

Cheers,
Luke

You can't do anything with the integrated video on the laptop motherboard, the video chip is soldered in place and you can not change it

You can't do anything with the integrated video on the laptop motherboard, the video chip is soldered in place and you can not change it

If it already has dual ATI cards in the laptop, then it should most likely support Crossfire.

@OP: what is the exact model of dv6 that you have?

Ok I'm gonna post the full specs now.

AMD A6-3410MX Processor
8 GB of DDR3 RAM
HP Mobo:
Model Number: 1807
Chipset: AMD
Southbridge: AMD

Graphics: Radeon Dual Graphics.
Card 1: AMD Radeon HD 6520G
Card 2: AMD Radeon HD 6750M

So that's what I've got, also will my laptop PSU be able to handle crossfire's increased power usage?

Last edited:
Please post the model number of your laptop, the model number is located on the bottom side or in the battery compartment. It will be something like: DV6-xxxx, then some other letters after that (example would be DV6-5678us)

The integrated is much slower than the dedicated. I'm not real sure it will give you that much of a benefit.

You don't need a specific screen for Crossfire (to the OP). If you have the option, go for it. The worst it will do is go slower.

Please post the model number of your laptop, the model number is located on the bottom side or in the battery compartment. It will be something like: DV6-xxxx, then some other letters after that (example would be DV6-5678us)

I think he already did this, check his last post again and research for it again on google or bing using the terms hp dv6 1807. :)

232.jpg

I think he already did this, check his last post again and research for it again on google or bing using the terms hp dv6 1807. :)

https://www.google.com/search?q=dv6...7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-search/...axpage=1#/page=1&/cc=us&/lang=en&/qt=dv6-1807

A dv6-1807 doesn't seem to exist. So not sure why you posted a picture of a random HP model. According to a similar picture, the model you posted is a dv6-7040tx.. And the actual website where you got the image: HP Slips Out Info of Upcoming Ivy Bridge and Trinity-Powered Notebooks
Confirms that (advertising an Ivybrige-based dv6-7000 series, with Nvidia graphics, not ATI).

The model number posted above seems to be the HP OEM part # for his motherboard, not his laptop.

So I would advise you to also research again :).

Back
Top Bottom