Potential Crossfire upgrade? (have hardware problem(?))

flipp1234567

In Runtime
So i'm considering on upgrading my PC and having it Cross Fired with another Radeon 7970. I have several questions regarding whether or not i even COULD upgrade. (this may be under the wrong topic but idk where else to put it)

1) I have a 750W PSU, would that be enough for a second radon 7970? (my original is stock, no OC, no aftermarket coolers)

2) My second pci-e slot may be broken, or something? This issue has existed for almost a year now and i don't know if it will affect a cross fire. My computer would turn on fine when my GPU is in the broken(?) pci-e slot, but about once every day, i would get a BSOD indicating GPU failure. Since then, i switched my GPU to the other PCI-E slot and never had that error again.

3) If my second pci-e slot is indeed broken i'd assume i'd need a new motherboard in order to crossfire. If so, i won't upgrade :(

My first question will be, why? A single 7970 is capable of running anything on the market today with ease.

1: Yes.
2: What is the motherboard? You can get another card and if you have issues you can always just RMA.
3: See above.

Back
Top Bottom