Hello everyone ^_^

DragonKind

Solid State Member
Hi guys and gals ,

I have just built a custom PC for general use. I wanted to get some input on installing Debian because I hear it is very cool. I am sort of new to tech and need some advices on being introduce to the ways of making a smart decision about secure computer use.

Thanks much!

:star:

Yo, welcome to the forum ;D
Btw, "tech" isn't all about computers, it's much more ;)

If you're looking for an introduction to Debian, install Ubuntu (or Linux Mint) with Wubi. They're Debian based distributions and are both very beginner friendly (and you don't really run the risk of wiping your data during partitioning, if you have to uninstall, etc.

Welcome to the forums!

You can also use Virtual Box to for setting up any OS of your choice. Minimizes your chances of basically messing up up your pc ^^

Hi everyone again and thank you for suggestions!

Actually I built the PC for specifically this purpose: to check out new operating systems. So I do not have fear of wiping the hard drive or anything, it is brand new.

I think Ubuntu is OK, but I hear from friends it is more vulnerable to attack from hackers because the OS is more widely used and therefore more of a target. What are some opinions on this way of thinking?

Back
Top Bottom