Problems with clean install windows 8 and installing previous software

flynnser

Beta member
Hello everyone, I have a slight problem which is making me nearly pull my hair out so hopefully someone on here can give me some advice as to what to do! :D

I recently done a clean install of windows 8 (and backed up all my stuff on an external hard drive).
After installation, drivers were automatically installed and i began reinstalling all of my previous stuff that i wanted namely Final Fantasy VII.

Installation was fine and the software installed fine but when i tried to actually play the game (for anyone who hasn't played the game on their pc, there's a splash screen where you can choose to hit play, settings, achievements before the game starts) i would click on play and it would just crash and bring me back to the splash screen.. this would happen in a split second, i wouldnt get any error messages or anything it just won't run at all.. I've tried updating drivers and uninstalling and then reinstalling it again but no luck. . has anyone got any ideas or anything i could try?

Thank you :)
(it's the legit game direct from square enix btw)

Make sure you update all your drivers from the manufacturers' websites. Windows default drivers can be buggy; especially video and chipset drivers.

Also make sure you have the game fully patched from the developers.

Could also try running the game in Windows 7 mode as well.

Is it the original version of Final Fantasy 7 or the remake? If it is the original, it will not work. They didnt even make that version compatible with Windows 7 properly. Plus according to their site, the software is only compatible to Windows 7 for even the re-release.

So you will have to use compatibility mode and hope it works if not contact Square Enix about releasing a patch.

Back
Top Bottom