Dell Laptop.. Combo Drive Reading Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

real_in

In Runtime
Well hello Guys..

I have a Laptop From Dell Series it is INSPIRON 8200, it is fixed with a DVD Rom drive.. Like A Combo Drive.. But guys, that means it can read and write CDs too, if i am not mistaken :p

But to my surprise when i insert a CD it juz doesn't read it, like all my CDs are working pretty fine.. But it is juz not working on this Laptop, or that combo drive?

What it can be, though DVD juz takes a single second to open, once it picked up My Cd also, but it showed me blank, my operating system is Win XP, what do i do now ?? Please lemme know..

Thx in advance..

first , does the cd/dvd combo do any thing? does it read any thing ? if it does you may need to install drivers to get it to read what you want it to .
if it just runs up and then doesnt do anything , you may have a loose connection . also you may want to do a virus check.

If all of that fails, try to blow a little canned air inside of it... perhaps your lens got a bit dusty...

Driver Download

well guys I have tried playing DVD on it and it is working pretty fine on it, i mean no problem, it is juz with the CD ROM that it doesnot reads,

Some one also told me it's driver isnot installed, where can i download one? Can u please help me.. please

ummm ..sounds like your missing a few codecs , try reinstalling
windows media player .
also you could try getting something from download.com or drivers.com...i think i have those right, not sure though..

well even i have tried downloading the driver from Dell's Official website, and i downloaded the same as it showed me in device manager, but it gives a device recognization error, what do i do??

i mean it juz do not, rotate a CD rom drive in it, in case of a DVD it is very well read in it.. I m astonished, what the heaven's this drive is up to??

ok lets back track ok?
did it ever work right?
if it did ...then what did you install just before it decided it wasnt going to work, basicaly , what happened?
there are some things you can do but i may get the order wrong , and if i did then you would be in worse shap than you are right now ok?
in devoce manager , does it show a conflict with anything else ?
what im saing is we need more info ok?

well i am posting a snap shot of my device manager here

And this laptop was sent to me by my elder bro from abroad, so he says it worked, but when i reinstalled the XP and all, it din work, i donn have any of it's cd or anything like that..

please help me, cause it reads, DVDs but not the CDs

It really sounds like a driver problem, usually Dell laptops come with a system recovery disk. If you have that, use it. If not the dell site, like you previously mentioned, would be a good source for drivers. And make sure you installed the correct drivers.

Also, you might want to look into a BIOS update, oddly enough, my Dell laptop had problems with the video card, for no apparent reason, but a BIOS flash update fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom