I need opinions/help !

SanMirguloz

Solid State Member
So, I've finally got enough cash to get myself some decent pieces together and these will be the final parts if the following things wont interrupt.
1. Will these parts bottleneck in anyway
2. Are they fitting to each other...
That being said I've listed them beneath
ps. I already have everything else needed parts except listed ones.

Case: Phantom 410 Mid-Tower

PSU: Antec Basiq 550 Plus

CPU: Intel core i5-3470

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 SuperClocked

MOBO: ASRock B75 Pro3-M, Sockel 1155, mATX

RAM: 4 x 4GB G-Skill PC3-10667U (Low Voltage)​
Thanks for the Help already :) !

~Sincerely, SanMirguloz.

Double check the prices between the 3470 and the 4430. I think you'll find, they are the same price. If so, then get the 4430 instead and an ASRock B85 board for more performance. Also, it's wise to get 2 sticks of RAM over 4 for less potential issues or stability and the availability of upgrade later.

Do you know anything about will the GPU go with my PSU and will any of the parts bottleneck..
The 4430 is 10€ cheaper, but the B85-Pro4 MOBO costs 27€ more than the B75 . Dont know is it worth it

The PSU is a tad weak for that GPU, but it will still work if funds are an issue.
No there will be no bottlenecking, or I would have addressed that in the first post.

Yes it's worth it.

I need to think this one...
So Youd recommend 4430 & B85 over 3470 & B75...
If you arent in hurry, I'd like to have some reasonings why ?
However, If I dont get 4430 & B85.. Those listed ones are still pretty decent ?

The CPU is better. Clock for clock, Haswell is about 10% better than IB, not to mention the 70/30 chance of a future upgrade path on the same socket. Turbo speeds aren't really in the equation since most only turbo to that speed on 1 or 2 cores tops.

The platform also is slightly more refined, which is also nice although not necessarily immediately benefiting you.

One thing I forgot to ask is, what is the purpose of the build? If this is just for gaming, you don't need 16GB of RAM right off the bat. You'd be better off investing in the better platform, and a more quality PSU like a Seasonic S1211 620w.

Are the parts still pretty decent? Yea, even an i5 2500k is still perfect for 99% of the tasks out there for regular consumers. Just the newer, better, faster is available for practically the same price (an FYI boards are the same price here give or take 5 USD which is where I got that from) so it makes sense to get that.

One more question, Are you sure my 550W will be enough to support all these stuff. For example, If I get the i5-4430 which has higher power consumption (84w) than the 3th gen.

TDP isn't power consumption, and it's only higher due to having a higher powered IGP and part of the VRM circuit integrated into the CPU itself. The cores themselves actually consume less power than the predecessor.

550w in theory is more than enough to run a low power CPU and a GPU that consumes 170w. The problem is the BasiQ series is a low end series, like the Corsair CX or whatever. That's why I said you're better off dropping back to 8GB of RAM to afford the better platform and a better quality PSU (note I didn't say more wattage).

If you link to the site you are purchasing from I can link a PSU within budget that would suit your needs.

Back
Top Bottom