Eeepc netbook issues

funkoligy

Baseband Member
Hi i have a eeepc netbook i am trying to repair its doing strange things like when you open back the lcd screen too far it turns off netbook (not close when you open) and when you lift the netbook by holding it on the left side of the casing it turns off. touchpad is ok and does not affect the use its just when you put pressure on front left side of casing when lifting it. Any help would be great.Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks its 2 years so out of warranty ok ill check the audio ports its funny how a audio board can affect the screen on opening too far.Thanks

I have an Eeepc netbook too, and I still have the owners manual. It states that your not supposed to press or touch the display screen or lift it up by the display panel. Does it shut down when you use it according the the Asus manual?

yes I do, but im not lifting it by the screen or pressing on the screen im simply opening it but if you go too far it shuts down, where I am pressing and not hard is when I lift the netbook holding it on the front left side it also shuts down (im not pressing it im just lifting it to walk from A to B). Thanks

Last edited:
It's probably the video cable, inverter cable or the micro-switch. You will need to open the display panel to check these cables & micro-switch. These are netbooks, they are cheap and it'll probably cost you more to fix it than the value of the netbook

It's probably the video cable, inverter cable or the micro-switch. You will need to open the display panel to check these cables & micro-switch. These are netbooks, they are cheap and it'll probably cost you more to fix it than the value of the netbook

If it's the whole netbook shutting off, I don't see it just being the video cable coming loose. The motherboard is probably shorting out, I'm guessing.

Back
Top Bottom