Overheating problem.

underwater8

Beta member
My HP Pavilion has a cooling fan problem. Every time I turn on my laptop it gives me a message saying it doesn't work properly, I noticed that if I put my hand near the part where all the heat comes out of, I don't feel the usual air coming out (from the fan).

It's been like this for a few months, stupid that I am I haven't taken it to get fixed because it technically still works, although it does overheat, reaching 82 degrees Celsius (the most I've noticed). However, I know that the max temperature is 85 or 90 degrees Celsius (depending on the CPU's core I believe). So, that's pretty close to the max temp.

I am a bit worried, but since it has never shut down because of the heat or given me any sort of warning message (aside from the one on start-up), I assumed it would still work without negative consequences.

Should I really be worried and take it to get fixed? I have been meaning to, but haven't had the money. I just want to know if this is serious enough that I need to either fix it or stop using my laptop to avoid burning it to death.

Thank you.

Hi yes get it cleaned the fan will collect dust over time and it will form a nice web of dust across the fan air duct reducing air flow that helps keep your cpu chip cool if you are cleaning it i would also replace the termal paste on the chip. Not all laptop/pc shut down when cpu overheats (most do as a fail safe) but this overheating can destroy your cpu chip and that will cost a lot more to fix.

Back
Top Bottom