My First Build

I looked at the corsair 750d and it looks good but does it make a lot of noise? I am not a fan of those type of cases...

I chose a different ssd for better loading because I like fast computers. :) The power consumption would be huge with 3... so could that case you mentioned fit 2 psus? as for the fans part, more fans aren't needed? or do you mean fans from like this year?
Speed is pretty irrelevant past a certain point, and from then on you want to make sure your SSD will last and has a good warranty. Both are exceptionally quick SSDs that are of great quality. I suggest listening to what I'm saying to learn a thing or two. The speediest most pricey components don't always make the best, and from the sounds of things you'll be wasting some money if you go hog wild on not listening to any recommendations I've made.

As stated a few reps above I am a "SUPER NOOB" Not getting triple sli and I'll look for one of those thanks. :)
Tri-SLI is pointless, like I mentioned above. You get marginal gains in performance with a huge increase in price and power consumption.

Is it even possible to fit 2 PSU's in 1 Case? Does such a case even allow for 2 outputs (plug into outlet from case)?

If you truly are going to get 3 GPU's despite advice, why not simply up the wattage from a respectable brand instead of getting 2 (if that is possible)?

Example: You are getting 2 700w PSu's, why not just get like a single 1500w?
(again, example).

edit:
Realized something stupid I just said, forget the 'Output' portion of this post, but I will leave it in there for ridicule purposes :p
Yes you can fit 2 PSUs in a few cases but those are only meant for the most upper extreme situations. 4way SLI and dual Xeons, overclocked under LN2/Phase. It's rather pointless for any regular consumer but the option is at least there.

To the OP, like I said, I linked 2 PSUs that are perfect for your setup and don't break the bank. They are some of the best you can buy in their class.

I looked at the corsair 750d and it looks good but does it make a lot of noise? I am not a fan of those type of cases...
No, nobody likes noise and I wouldn't recommend something that is noisy unless otherwise specified.

People say the case is noisy a lot on forums and reviews. Is it them or is it the case? And how many fan connecters does the CORSAIR HX Series HX850 power supply have?

EDIT: Ok so I think I know everything I want to get. Would 4 of the scythe fans fit good? I chose this ssd. http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Elect...Z-7PD256BW/dp/B009NB8WRU/ref=cm_cd_ql_qh_dp_t

Is it ok?

Last edited:
People say the case is noisy a lot on forums and reviews. Is it them or is it the case? And how many fan connecters does the CORSAIR HX Series HX850 power supply have?

Links to said supposed claims? I've read actual legit reviews from reliable sources saying otherwise. The fans they provide are low RPM and aren't noisy. Just an FYI, most of the things you'll read on Newegg are ********.

You don't need an 850w PSU. It's totally overkill for this setup.
You can use fan adapters for the fans which can all be run off one string of 4pin molex connectors.

Edit: As always I provide evidence to backup my claims, from reliable sources.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/09/26/corsair_obsidian_series_750d_full_tower_case_review/7

37db is quiet. Really quiet.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7359/corsair-obsidian-750d-case-review/4

Last edited:
So the regular 750w will be fine for dual psi?
If you mean SLI, yes. The HX750 is more than capable of running the above parts mentioned, otherwise I would have recommended a beefier PSU. The 650w Seasonic Gold series is also more than capable of providing sufficient clean power to the small SLI 760 setup.

If you need some numbers so you know where I'm getting this from.
Each 760 has a power draw of about 170w, plus the 84w from the CPU which will average you about 424w total system draw. The HX750 and G Series 650 both have about 200w overhead. So 424w out of 750 and 650 + 200. More than plenty wattage there.

That 840pro is one of the top on the market right now.

You really don't need to replace any of the fans in that case, if you've decided on the 750D. The only place I believe you can put 120MM fans on that case is on the top, so if you wanted to you could get a couple GTs to put on the top of the case but really you could just buy 2 Corsair AF140s to put on the top and call it a day.

Program? No. Most motherboards have software utilities to control the headers on the board but if you want to closely control all the fans on there you'll need a hardware fan controller. Since it's so quiet, I would just run them 100% anyways.

Back
Top Bottom