Wires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, most psu's have more wires then you'll ever need. If you want a neat case get some wiring sleaves, but if you REALLY want a neat case get an x-connect psu. They allow you to only use the plugs that you need and they are all de-tachable, and have permanent sleaving on them.

yup. you should always ziptie them...you havent yet??

you can get powersupply's that allow you to only hook up the wires you need. so far i've heard great things about them.

Ok cuz i've connected all the wires out of the power supply but theres all these weird wires that are attached to the front of the case and im not sure if they're necessary.

ah, the front of the case huh? Those must be reset, usb, firewire, and audio ports that haven't been connected yet. I'm sure at least the power button is connected, or else you might not be posting with that comp. LOL. Anyways, I would refer to your Case and Mobo manuals to find out where on the Mobo your case wires go.

Ya i figured out some of the audio wires in the front but the problem some of the other stuff is either named differently or just completely unneccessary because its not in my mobo instructions. Does anyone know the essential wiring that goes comes out of the fron of the case?

well the only wires you absolutley need are the power and reset wires. if you want to use the usb and other stuff, then i don't know where to put em. i know that there are several people on the forum that can describe the basic wires and where to put them, so if your question doesn't get answered soon, just wait.

good luck,
Matthew (Ohgrfreak)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom