AMD CPU Core?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm I honestly don't know so anyone who has a better opinion don't come here like "WHATEVER NUBIUS THAT CHIP SUCKS" cause I'm saying right away I haven't looked into it enough.

BUUUUT, anywho, I thought I had heard that the Winchester was a good overclocker, am I even thinking of the right chip? :confused:

Winchester is the new 64 bit core from amd and it runs cooler, and it oc's better as well. (This is all gathered information over a week or so).

Aright lol that's what I thought Lazerman. I was pretty sure it was the an AMD64 core that supposedly was cooler and OC's better but wasn't entirely sure.

Q) Well, the AMD 55FX only is Sledgehammer, or Clawhammer, but will there be a Winchester FX coming out?
Q2) Its 90 nm, so that why I really care.
Yan

YanBooth said:
Q) Well, the AMD 55FX only is Sledgehammer, or Clawhammer, but will there be a Winchester FX coming out?
Q2) Its 90 nm, so that why I really care.
Yan

Q1( Good one, hard to tell, I imagine the next FX series CPU, but perhaps someone knows the AMD roadmap by heart and has an answer:p

Q2(The new 90nm core is very good, but of course its new, so price is high and availibilty low I would imagine:confused:

I saw a socket 939 AMD 3200 64 Winchester Core Retail for $203 on newegg. The Barton Athlon XP 3200 is only 3 dollars less, so I am a little suspicious!

ok ill jump in the fire here ...yikkkkes...ouch ..
from the info i have the barton has the most head room on the market , next to any thing with the label mp..
hey dont jump me like a bunc of hungry dogs ok...
oc'ing on this thing ( 2500 barton ) is wild , and its stable like a rock . Have tryied the 2600xp , over heated fast! not sure about the 2400, and the 1800mp was also stable ,currently working on a 3200just to see what i can get it to do!

Well, I am looking for the FX with the Winchester core, hope it comes out... Well, which is better now then? Sledgehammer? or Clawhammer?
Yan

To flog a dead, rotting, maggot infested, fly covered horse, I have brought this up again...
Does anyone know if there is going to be a CPU with the Winchester core and be an FX?
Thanks
Yan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom