Loading files via wifi onto USB stick plugged in...

wideboydav

Beta member
Hi guys. New to your forum but I'm hoping you can help me? I'm currently in charge of updating a weekly presentation shown in our factory canteen. It displays our production, highlights recent issues and upcoming social events. I currently save the powerpoint as jpegs on to a small 4gb usb stick which plugs in the back of the TV in the canteen... I cn then slideshow the jpegs using the TV.

Ideally I'd like to record as video, and I believe this is possible with Powerpoint2010 which we are upgrading to v soon.

Aside from that problem... it is a pain in the whatsit having to walk down to the canteen, unplug the USB stick, walk back to my office, add the files and then walk back and reinstall the Stick and start the slideshow.

Would it be possible to have a wifi version of the USB stick of some sort connected to the TV which i can upload new slides to wirelessly from my PC?

I don't think it is possible to do this via simple 'Wifi' no...at least not directly into your USB stick.

you CAN connect your TV (depends on connections and budget of course) to your network/wifi tho and simply have your USB stick plugged into your PC and output everything to the TV.

To really answer your question we would need more info about the TV. What make/model is the TV? Is it network capable? What inputs does it have? Without knowing more about the TV, we could only make guesses as to what solutions are available.

Back
Top Bottom