Automatic logout when i login to WINXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamy_G

Beta member
THIS IS DRIVING ME INSANE

I have a Gateway 9300 solo laptop with WINXP home edition, and when I boot it up it goes to the WELCOME SCREEN, and only one user is selectable, which is the admin, and i click on it and it goes to login and it just logs out IMMEDIATELY. I have tried changing fast switching welcome menu and it just brings up the password dialog box and does the same THING.

ANY HELP PLEEEEEEEEEEASE?

It was working PERFECT beforehand, all i did before that would have changed it is i created a new user with administration access and named it brian and changed its picture. Nothing else.

yes i did that, and i could get in but no matter what i change about the user info or anything, wheni boot up regular it still does it. and YEs, i have tried TweakUI to bypas the logon but it still just logs in and logs out

Do you get any error messages when it logs you out like product activation or something i know if youve tampered with the licence information then it does that but it does display an error message

there are no error messages what so ever. Its just logs in, then says "saving user settings, logging out"

And it all goes very quickly, no icons come up, just the wallpaper loads then it logs out. Its very frustrating.

Try deleting the user account and all associated files in the "C:\documents and settings\(username)" path and then recreating the account.

So if i wanted to delete the user lee i would delete it in the user manager then go to the folder c:\documents and settings and delete the folder "lee" (lee being the username)

Let me know what happens :)

The deleting users documents and settings didnt work, because it will not let me delete all my accounts, it says i have to have at least one account that is "computer administrator".

and yes the winxp is activated its totally legal non pirated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom