"USB Device Not Recognised"

Joppsta

Baseband Member
This is driving me around the bend, just started happening in the past month, thought it was nothing major but it's an annoying bubble that windows constantly pops up and my OCD cannot handle annoying window bubbles popping up when doing things.

Any fixes for this issue? None of my USB devices are actually having any issues.

I have googled around and tried the first thing that comes up when you google it, unplugging your PSU so the mobo has no juice in it. No luck on my part.

Cheers,

- Joppsta

try providing more information about your pc and operating system
Are you using a brand name...post the Model.
If you have a custom pc then post the specs.
Are you running Windows 98, 98SE, ME, 2000 Pro, XP, Vista,Windows 7 or Windows 8?
What are these "bubbles" saying?

We can not read your mind

try providing more information about your pc and operating system
Are you using a brand name...post the Model.
If you have a custom pc then post the specs.
Are you running Windows 98, 98SE, ME, 2000 Pro, XP, Vista,Windows 7 or Windows 8?
What are these "bubbles" saying?

We can not read your mind

Apologies, forgot.

I'm on WIndows 7. Custom system, but I think it's the motherboard you need to know mainly.

Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3: P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 - Motherboards - ASUS

The other specs are i7-2600K/GTX 680/Corsair AX650/16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM/Samsung 830 SSD for OS (120GB)

Everything running at stock speeds so OC'ing isn't an issue.

You can try to switch around your USB devices in different USB ports and see if that makes any differences

See thing is that message still pops up with nothing but a mouse and a keyboard attached to the computer. So I am guessing it is a driver issue but I am unsure how to resolve it.

Go to Start ---à run ---à type “Devmgmt.msc” . Now you will get a “Device manager Window” . Select the location you want to scan and click on “Scan for Hardware changes” (this is in action menu) . If the issue is resolved it will recognize the device. If this fails open the device manager and now expand the bus control . Go to “USB root hub” in the list and --à Properties -------à USB root hub properties a dialog box is displayed. Click on “Power Management ” tab. No tick on “Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power ”. Repeat it for 6 of each USB hub.Now go to “Action tab”-à Scan for hardware changes. Close the device manager. And yet if this method does not resolve the issue then restart the computer and check if you are facing the same issue. And if it is a yes then you will need an expert advice or get an IT support services. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom