New System Build

Does the board have a speaker or did you connect a speaker? Do you hear any beep codes when it tries to boot up?
Check the cpu and heatsink to make sure it is properly seated. You might possibly need to clean the thermal paste from the cpu/heatsink and re-apply a fresh coat on the cpu.

Is the memory properly seated? You should get a beep code from faulty memory

Yes speaker is hooked up - no beeps. only sign of life is cpu fan runs (and sys fan when in case). Heatsink and cpu have been reseated. I do not
have thermal glue so I didn't try that. Have 2 sticks of 4GB memory and tied every combination of 2 slots / 2 sticks. Assuming either the MoBo or cpu is bad is there any way I tell which?:annoyed:

Next???

Yes speaker is hooked up - no beeps. only sign of life is cpu fan runs (and sys fan when in case). Heatsink and cpu have been reseated. I do not
have thermal glue so I didn't try that. Have 2 sticks of 4GB memory and tied every combination of 2 slots / 2 sticks. Assuming either the MoBo or cpu is bad is there any way I tell which?:annoyed:

Next???

Did you do what I asked you to ? :|
Remove the memory and power on the motherboard.
If by some chance the memory really is at fault your motherboard will sound an alarm indicating no ram.
Thats a good sign, saying its not the motherboards fault but the memory.
Take the memory to a computer shop or store such as best buy and have them test it.

If the memory is a failure start the rma procedure with newegg.
Tell them you do not want the same memory but an exchange for a different one at equal price range.

Kingston HyperX Blu Red Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory Model KHX13C9B1R/4 - Newegg.com

Removed the memory having only the speaker, main power and 12v plugged in. Noting happens. No beeps. No nothing. The cpu fan does work tho.

Last edited:
Removed the memory having only the speaker, main power and 12v plugged in. Noting happens. No beeps. No nothing. The cpu fan does work tho.

Hmm it might be motherboard failure, if it failed to beep indicating no ram, there is a problem with the mobo itself.
Lastly this is important for me to know, have the ram tested elsewhere and confirm it works.
Do that for me and reply back promptly and we'll start the rma process. :)

Back
Top Bottom