MSY - Recommendations?

MysteriousHoodedMan

Solid State Member
I'm buying a computer from MSY, and I have a budget of roundabout $800 - $1500 (Australian currency).
Any recommendations on what i should buy?

LINKS:
MSY-The name you can trust-More than 14yrs In IT industry-Nationalwide branches serve you & offer the best IT price everyday
MSY Online - System List
http://www.msy.com.au/Parts/PARTS.pdf

I'm wanting to record some Battlefield 3 content on this computer, so maybe a good graphics card and good read and write soeed on the hdd/sdd (sorry if that is wrong - I literally started learning about computers thirty minutes ago).

It depends on whether you're comfortable with putting a pc together yourself. The benefits are well worth it; everything custom suited to your needs, maximised price/performance ratio, no generic bits that might be bundled in a prebuilt system, no pre-installed bloatware.

Sounds daunting, but honestly it's not difficult at all. Just follow a few rules when building:

1. Don't work on carpet - your body builds up static charge easily which you could accidentally zap a part with. If you're worried, just touch any exposed metal part on your computer case before you pick up whatever part you're about to install - it'll ground you and remove any electrical charge your body might be storing.

2. Try not to touch the gold contact pins on parts - oily fingers + chance of shocking the parts as above.

3. Don't force things! Everything fits only one way. It's ok to use a bit of pressure, but if it's hurting you trying to put the bit in, you should probably sit back and reassess what you're trying to do :p

That's about it. If you can handle remembering those three things, you can build a pc. If you're game to try, reply back and I can give you a recommendation on which parts to buy.

Sorry, my dad wants me to pick up the computer at the store already built (meaning they will have to assemble it for me).
Although I do know how to, my Dad thinks I'll screw it up.

Gamer/entertainment pack 1.

i5 4440 system
Option 1: Plextor 120GB SSD
Option 2: 7870 graphics card and 550w Antec PSU

They don't offer any better graphics cards in their upgrade packs for your money.

Tell them the SSD is for OS and small programs while the 2TB is for storage and large programs/games if they'll set it up that way.

That will cost a little under 1500 bucks. Also, tell them that their way of doing it is rather confusing at first.

Thanks for the reply (and sorry for this super late reply, I've been super busy).
Do you think it will be worth it if I saved up for an i5-4670k or i7-4770 instead of the i5-4440?

50 bucks for the 4670k setup, but not the 4770. IMO no, but the extra speed for the price can't hurt as long as you don't skimp on anything else to make up for that cash.

Only one board will work with that chip, and it's the Z87 board so didn't need to be specified (they don't ask, it goes with whatever package you chose).

Back
Top Bottom