New Build and My NEW GPU Doesn't work!?

KDS997

Solid State Member
So recently so i just built a new pc and when i built it i plugged in my mointor and plugged the vga cable into my onboard motherboard now im wanting to use my gpu (Radeon HD7870) when i plug my dvi cable into it i get nothing but a black mointor the gpu has power because the fan on it is working and spinning around any ideas please help asap :)

The card will get power regardless because the slot itself provides 75w of power, but if the cables aren't plugged in properly it won't turn on. Try unplugging the cables from the card, reseat it, and try again. If you have another PC, try testing the card in there to see if it boots up.

The graphics card doesn't even show up in the display adapters on computer management can someone look deeper i have the right pin connectors to the graphics card i dont see why it doesn't work could it be my motherboard its the ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M are the two compatible with each other?

If your using the onboard video, That will have to be disabled in the control panel, It will work with one or the other but won't have both enabled, Disable it, Shut it down and move the VGA/DVI cable to the new video card and it should pick it up and load default drivers and go from there to get the newest drivers for your new card.

Dauntae

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom