New SATA DVD Burner Not Working

NevoraskiA

In Runtime
Mobo: Micro Star MS-7103
HDD: Connected To IDE1
DVD Burner: Connected To SATA1
BIOS: Award BIOS 6.00PG

DVD Burner will not appear in Computer (My Computer)

Another little interesting tidbit. When you insert a disc into the DVD Burner, the burner will attempt to read the disc and then shut down the computer.

SATA BIOS CONFIG PICTURE ATTACHED

Attachments

• IMG_0109[1].jpg
    IMG_0109[1].jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 7
The pic of your bios doesn't have much to do with having the SATA CD/DVD disk drive. It's usually listed under general settings to see if the bios detects your SATA CD/DVD drive

I think the FDC in your pic of your bios is for onboard Floppy Disk Controller

I was refering to the Onboard Serial Ports 1 and 2 being set to Auto... as in auto detect... that's what the picture was for... showing the config.

and yes FDC is Floppy Disc Controller

LOL well that's interesting then, because there is no SATA controller in the BIOS then... and the upgrade tool from the mobo manufacturer says the bios is up to date... and the motherboard itself has 2 sata slots on it.

so now what? LOL

Recheck the SATA and power cables that run from the board/power supply to the drive, you can even try another set of cables. If all that fails, then it's most likely that the drive is dead

Recheck the SATA and power cables that run from the board/power supply to the drive, you can even try another set of cables. If all that fails, then it's most likely that the drive is dead

It's a brand new drive and a brand new sata cable... and the drive receives power.

The drive will not read anything that's put into it and will shut down the computer after trying to read the disk.

Just because it's a new drive does not mean it works. I have purchased brand new dead drives before myself. Maybe you can pop a known working used drive in it and see what gives

Back
Top Bottom