Help me figure out how to find a battery for my laptop...I beg ye

NinjaPenguin76

Solid State Member
*Note* This is long, but I REALLY need help.

I have read so many pages about the differences of laptop batteries, how they work and just BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH I could die from how much I have read and how little I have actually advanced in my search for a freaking laptop battery :Deskflip:

Anyways...

So yea, I thought this would be relatively simple. Ya know, just google for a few minutes to figure out the basic terms- since I'm relatively uneducated in the field of computer hardware- and then..ya know..find and buy a freaking battery. That's totally NOT how it worked.

For your knowledge
My laptop is an ASUS A54C-AB91 that I got for Christmas last year and it's actually not a bad computer given my dad got it on a sale for $299. The only part that absolutely sucks is..you guessed it- the battery. Two hours on power saving mode is what I'm rolling with now. I don't like it. The battery is a 14.4 V, 2600 mah, 37wh, 4 cell, A41-K53 battery that BLOWS.

I just need to know some basic things.

1. If I find a battery that says "A54C" or "K53" does that mean it will still work for my laptop without the other half listed? I say this because there seems to be multiple laptops with multiple batteries with multiple subcategories and it's JUST TOO MUCH. I just don't know..they'll be similar but the fact there are so many others makes me cautious. Some will say "For A54c" but the batter looks strange or when it lists the models my "AB91" isn't there. Same for the K53 thing. It will say K53 with a list of other numbers that does not include A41 or vice versa.

2. Are some batteries designed, though they may not be explicitly stated in description, to fit into the port for the battery but they may be larger than the dimensions of the laptop itself? How would I know I would fit the battery port, since that's my main concern?

3 I know there are universal batteries that you can pick up in a variety of sizes that are cheaper, give a better battery life, and still fit but I have no Idea where to pinpoint the location of said batteries. ASUS isn't exactly an underground brand, I mean around here they're pretty well known and I know alot of people with ASUS computers but they are usually not on the list with other large brands on most sites and beyond that my computer is of their more general, non specific line. I couldn't even find a battery for my laptop on THEIR website.

4 This isn't quite as relevant, but what do people mean when they say "Don't get a power only battery (powers the computer but doesn't charge the battery)"? I don't get the logic in that at all.

I know that was lengthy but I like to give detail because I have looked on numerous websites in order figure this out to no avail.

I thank any kind souls who read this and at least try to help me. Last time I asked a question on here I only got the response of some guy who just translated my question into ghetto language, which was kind of funny, but useless.

Back
Top Bottom