Spare Parts, New computer For Linux/Programming Niib

FeruFeru

Solid State Member
Thanks for entering my forum guys, your time is greatly appreciated so i'll try not to waste it too much here,

I'm new to the forums and new to programming and linux, II'm current;y running on an archaic computer, but it doesn't bother me too much, Sometimes i would like to play the latest games but i'm fine playing <MUD> I've never built a computer before and would really like to start building one, even if it's a junker, which is what i expect it to be because i'm flat broke, Like 0 to spend, maybe 20 at most, But i really wanna build a computer,

So i ask you as a community to help out, If you have any spare parts that could help me make a computer i would really appreciate it, I can trade some stuff for them, like movies/music/books/ and even my PS3 with 4 games, But i really want to be able to build a computer and to do it completly off donations would be awesome. Like i said i dont want anything flashy a jjunker will do me just fine for learning purposes. If you have anything that could help i'd really love to get in contact with you, Thanks guys, PM me.

Maybe you should try your local Craigslist. Mine always has free computers available.

I live in the middle of nowhere, the clsest CL town is 200 miles away

Eh, Lexington is not THAT far away from you (I can pull IP addresses in the forum ;)).

You might want to hook up with c0rr0sive here on the forums. I think he lives just outside of Lexington. he might be able to point you toward some spare parts and such.

Setting up a VPN is rather simple, and can be done by looking at one simple guide on the internet. Running Linux, programming, ect really has nothing to do with it but I do get where you're going with that.

Back
Top Bottom