Need help with PC stability

gutuie

Beta member
Hello there.
Few months ago i decided to change most of pc components, except Power source and GPU. Configuration is Gigabyte x79-up4, i7 3820, 8gb G Skill ripjaws x 2133, Saphire 5850 1gb, 120 gb Kingston Hyperx ssd runing windows 7 64bit, 2 TB hdd for installed games and movies.
Pc was runing smooth till 1 week ago when it got stuck at logging off screen for 2 nights, and i had to force shut down it from Button. After that i started to notice some frame drops while watching movies, something similar to playing movies from a cd that is damaged. Image stops then it plays again fast then normal. Like a bottleneck of data. It does that every few minutes, and i think that games work a bit slower too in performance. I did a scandisk test for both hdds, the one from windows, that runs in ms-dos. No bad sectors were found.
I can't figure out what's the problem, so my main question is, are there any pc monitor programs ? Something that could check performance all the time with graphics or something like that ? for cpu, ram, gpu, hdds, ... ?? Or i should look for something to test each of them one by one ? and see if it gets errors or not ?

The log off screen happened twice, and once more few days after. Since then nothing. I read on some forums saying it could be some software that loads when windows starts. They said to do a selective boot. What i really need is some tools to check if pc hardware works as it should...

Your problem is most likely software related. If I were you I would run Malwarebytes anti-malware

Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download

and run Spybot Search & Destroy

Spybot - Search & Destroy from Safer-Networking Ltd.

Then run CCleaner and try to remove any unnecessary software or programs, and run the registry cleaner (do a backup first)

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

You can select which programs boot with windows by typing 'msconfig' without the quotes in the RUN box and selecting the startup tab.

After running these 3 programs if the problem persists check back here with us but I am thinking that this will fix your problem.

Back
Top Bottom