AMD FX-4350 Vishera 4.2GHz

If it comes with the stock cooler then it's fine. I just hope you're not about to blow 129 bucks on a crap CPU.

Sorry mguire but I'm going to have fully disagree with you on that.
The heatsink he will be getting with the cpu wont cut it, your dealing with 4.2ghz here. :/

Malcom, if your looking into that don't buy it look here first:
Yes you have a reduction in speed, but it will perform better in gaming and desktop work usage.
Newegg.com - Computer Hardware, CPUs / Processors, Processors - Desktops, Socket AM3+
Also use this on the stock heatsink until you buy a better heatsink:
ARCTIC MX4 Thermal Paste - 4gram - Newegg.com
I don't recommend tuniq x2 for amd cpu's, in the end it causes problems when it sticks to the heatsink and cpu.
This heatsink I recommend you get soon:
ZALMAN CNPS5X Performa 92mm FSB (Fluid Shield Bearing) Powerful Cooling Performance CPU Cooler - Newegg.com

I have to fully counter disagree. The stock heatsinks are fully sufficient for standard usage. If something happens to his chip while under warranty using it, AMD has to replace it. It'll be loud and the chip will be a bit warm, but otherwise it still works as designed.

Either way, for 129 bucks he can get the Haswell i3 which tears it a new one anyways. So doesn't really matter.

Last edited:
I have to fully counter disagree. The stock heatsinks are fully sufficient for standard usage.
No they aren't and I should know that first hand since I own one of the fx series cpu myself.
I'm telling you straight off it wont work like this.
Sure it my way like that for about a month but that cpu does get hot.
Thats why I recommended a different cpu and heatsink set.

It can handle sustained temps around 75c easy, not to mention the Vishera chips run cooler than Zambezi. Leave cool and quiet off and it'll be fine. I can take your word knowing you have Bulldozer, or I can go from what I read off Google on the Piledriver chips.

Like I said, he shouldn't be wasting his money on that chip anyways. So really, temps with stock coolers are moot.

Back
Top Bottom