GTX 760 sli with 650w PSU?

cp0020

In Runtime
hey guys. i dont have enough to get a GPU and a PSU so i figured id ask first. i was wondering if i would be able to run an evga gtx 760 sc in sli with this psu i have? CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Power Supply - Newegg.com

this is the card i want to get a 2nd and run in sli Newegg.com - EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2765-KR GeForce GTX 760 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support w/ EVGA ACX Cooler Video Card.

i will eventually get a new psu but in the meantime will this psu work?

Two stock 760s take about 340w full load, which both are factory overclocked so that number is actually higher, then the power hungry AMD CPU......

I'm going to say it most likely will be fine but I can't sit here and say with absolute certainty there will be no consequences. It really depends on how long you plan on waiting before upgrading. If it's like a month or so I think it'll be ok.

i run a GTX 690 on a 550W psu ( albeit a gold rated PSU ). I would happily run SLI 760 on a 650W. In my opinion you dont need to change your PSU.

i run a GTX 690 on a 550W psu ( albeit a gold rated PSU ). I would happily run SLI 760 on a 650W. In my opinion you dont need to change your PSU.

There's a difference between that 550 and the 650. The 550 has probably about 200w overhead due to the components used. Try to remember that although the TX650 is really good, it's still only a step ahead of their budget line. If he had an Intel CPU I'd say it would be no big deal, but the 8350 pulls almost double that of a Haswell or IB and the 760s aren't factory clocked. They take over half the rated wattage by themselves.

Edit: Oh yea Sean, the 690 takes about 40w less than 2 reference 760s. Although with only a mild overclock I'd be willing to bet the wattage on his cards would be closer to 375/400 compared to your 300.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom