Advice on HDD enclosure up to 4 GB

SGasan116

Beta member
Hello!

I need forum recommendations on good reliable HDD enclosure which can support up to 4 TB hard drives (I think about $100 or so budget). Just lost flash drives and HDD because of bloody Roswill hub, so I decided stick to quality devices (not China). Also is there any possibility to restore flash drives?

I tend to buy my enclosure from OWC They are MAC Oriented company but their drives and enclosures work certainly well for Window machine. I used Firewire enclosure that worked well for me. This will I think definitely help you.

Looks nice but in description it says that support up to 2 GB harddrives and I have 4 GB.

It says up to 4tb per bay. (there is only one bay) Not all descriptions are 100% correct. Even on Newegg. You can also go to the manufacturers webpage and check it out from there.

From the product website:

Specifications
Supports USB 3.0 data transfer rate up to 5Gb/s*
Compliant with Universal Serial Bus 3.0 Specification
Compliant with Serial ATA Specification 2.6
Chip: ASMedia ASM1053
Supports up to 4TB hard disk capacity
Note: Windows 2000, XP (32-bit), Server 2003 (32-bit) can't support more than 2TB capacity. This is an OS limitation.
Supports USB Mass Storage Class Bulk-Only Transport
Supports high performance UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol)
Note: USB 3.0 host driver needs to support UASP in order to take advantage of this feature. Currently, only Microsoft Windows 8's native USB 3.0 host driver supports UASP.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom