Registering windows everytime on starting my puter up

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiseguyz408

Baseband Member
Windows XP..

------------------------------------------------------------------------

yea.. everytime it tells me that i have to register my windows, and if i dont i simply cant log on.. its quick to do but it gets old really fast.. anyone know how to fix this?

Any Suggestions will be appreciated,

Thanks.

You have to register it. It's a design microsoft implemented to prevent illegal use of the OS.

your not trying to do something Illegal are you?

@Inaris - You don't have to register (see below). You do have to activate.

Is it asking you to register or to activate?

When Windows first boots up, after being installed, you're asked to add at least one account and then register. You can get around this by simply rebooting.

Activating on the other hand is something you have to do before you can use Windows, and the only way around that is to either activate or use a crack to bypass activation, which I would only recommend you pursue if you have a legit copy of Windows. Otherwise, you may be doing something bad.

Can you be a bit more specific? Is it trying to get you to activate your copy of windows? Is this due to a reformat of your computer? Liz

Oceanb0rn,

I was only making an assumption that by register, Activation was meant.
BTW, there is no reason to use a crack if you have a legit copy of windows.

really registering, i go to this blue windows screen where i can register automatically online, call a windows person and register that way, or dont register and be screwed

You get a 30-Day period to register/activate your Windows operating system before it will not let you get on it. It's not that hard. Just follow the simple instructions it gives you and you'll be on your way.

-Dan The Man

Yes, if you format and install xp again you will have to activate it again. If you install the same os 3 times then you will have to call microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom