Computer keeps rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceManU

Beta member
My computer keeps re-booting on me. I got to turn it on and it goes to the bios screen and then just re-boots again. I have a ghost on it so I re-loaded that and when I did it worked ok for about an hour but then the process started all over again with the re-boots. I have no idea why it is happening so I am looking for some suggestion or advice. I was thinking maybe a ram problem but I don't know. Any suggestion are greatly appreciated.

it could be a powersupply problem, I had a similar thing due to a damaged psu... but i would try virus scans and resetting your bios first, then maybe borrow a psu off a friend or relative and see if that makes a difference

Computer Re-boot

It's just a 850mhz p3 with xp. What does happen is when it does re-boot it asks if I want to re-boot in safe mode, normal windows, with our without networking. When I select any option, it doesn't matter, it will just re-boot again. I did scan it with a welchia tool from symantec and it didn't find anything. How can I scan it when it won't re-boot.

Computer Shutdown

I had a tech guy come in and look at my pc. He said my clock speed was too high and was making my pc shut down. So he turned the clock down and I went from a 800mhz to 400mhz, when I thought I had bought an 800. Could it be a fan issue where it's just overheating. This had just happened after owning the pc for 4 years and now it needs to be turned down?

another area you might want to try is your vidieo card..try a different one that you know works well! i saw a 950 duron do the same thing and it wound up being the vid card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom