Built new rig, but cannot get the ethernet connection to work

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi guys!

I built a new rig, but cannot get the ethernet connection to work.

Drivers are installed, ethernet card is on the MB.

Device manager says the ethernet card is fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Soar

What does it say under adapter manager?

Not sure what exactly you are referring to...

Are you asking about device manager? If yes, I have attached a pic of what I see. If no, please give me more clarity. Thanks!

Did you unplug the modem and router for 2 minutes, plug them back in and reboot your pc?

Yes, did it and still my computer will not connect to the router...

Soar

Attachments

• Adaptor 1.JPG
    Adaptor 1.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 1
adapter.png

Disable the wireless and any other networking devices and show me what it's saying in there.

adapter.png

Disable the wireless and any other networking devices and show me what it's saying in there.

PPM,

Man, I have no clue what is going on with this...

I played around with plugging in different cables and suddenly the hardwire to router is working...

But both of these cables work find with other devices...

Not sure what to say or do.

I did not disable the wireless yet because I need it at the moment for cameras, etc. [I found upper level burglar tools 20ft. from my shop door].

Dude, I need to catch this SOB. He is not a rookie and he knows what he is doing...I think someone spooked him and he ran, leaving his B/E tools at our front door step [smart key, etc.].

Anyway, let me ask this...in the future, will I be able to use both the hardwire to router or switch AND the A/C wireless?

Thanks,

Soar

Attachments

• Internet CP 2.JPG
    Internet CP 2.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
If you mean both individually, yes, but not connected to the same router. It will cause conflicts.

If the wireless is hooked up to the security network which has no internet, while the ethernet has internet that's fine.

Back
Top Bottom