Macbook retina logicboard

switchatko

Beta member
Hey guys,

I will try to make it short and honest.
I have macbook retina and my warranty is ending soon.
I went to apple and made me an appointment and came up with some stuff hoping ill get a replacement.
What they offered me is a logic board replacement, now I am wondering if that means only motherboard aka logic board or retina macbooks have graphic card, memory slot and everything in it and therefore replacement of logic board would mean moreless replacement of the whole inners.

Thank you a lot

Depends what's wrong with it.

If the other components are fine, they may re-use them and just replace the board. Their policy may state they need to replace the other components as well possibly as well - it just kinda depends I'd say.

Why not just ask them?

What year is your laptop? there could be a defective logic board in it like the previous 2011 mac books. Do some research and check if you arent the only one, bc if there is a ticket against that year lgic board you could be in for a problem. if they end up replacing ur board they could possibly be replacing it with the same defective one. Happened to a friend of mine, just looking out.

The retinas have the RAM/CPU/GPU/SSD Soldered onto the logic board, so they would replace all of those.

Back
Top Bottom