Just Some Help Needed.

Kiileyy32

Solid State Member
Hey Guys, I am looking to try and triple SLI a GPU in my rig. I have an MSI z77 Mpower ,and currently have a gtx 660ti FTW sig2. I have come across a really good deal to snag 2 more of these cards and am wondering if this would be compatible. I have searched just about everywhere and can not find a decent answer :( If someone could help that would be so awesome!!
Thanks in advance!

That board only supports standard 2 card SLI.

Depending on what the rest of your rig is like, it most likely (more than likely) wouldn't be worth it anyways. Power consumption and heat output for marginal gains over standard SLI, adding also the extra cost of a beefy PSU.

Oh... I thought it supported 3 way lol figured thats what the third lane was for xD never really looked into when I built my rig, wasn't planning on going for SLI but still built it with room for upgrades. I have and 750 watt PSU, 3570k CPU, 8 gig RAM, heat isn't a prob cause i'm water cooled for cpu and staying that way :p I looking to upgrade my card and don't know where to go. I wanna get a 1440p monitor, so i need to get a new gpu but don't know where to go lol, brand doesnt really matter to me ill go with either side of nvidia or amd. Any recommendations? (Price could potentially be problematic)

Depending on the brand, and more specifically the model of your PSU the 3way would be pushing it to its limits. A stock 660ti consumes 150w of power, 3 of those added with max wattage of the 3570k turns in around 525w. Signature FTW cards are overclocked so they will consume more power meaning during gaming you would be pushing your PSU pretty hard all the time. The board has 3 slots, but electrically the top one runs 16x, the middle 8x, and the bottom 4x. Only able to run 2 cards at 8/8 PCI-E 3.0 (depending on supported cards).

1440p res? I would look at a 4GB GTX 760, 770, or a 780.

Alright man, thanks for the help but if I were to 2 way what card do you suggest? I was looking at the 660ti cause I already have one but other than that I think that i'm looking at the 7950 for a 2 way?

I don't suggest either or. If you're willing to drop the cash on switching totally to Crossfire 7950 then it would be better to get the 4GB 770 or a 780. Not kidding at all really, especially for the resolution.

Yeah... Ive been looking into it for awhile now just trying to decide lol, I wanna get a 770 but don't think I have the cash for it atm... I could snag a couple 7950's from a friend for really cheap but am stuck right now lol... I really want to try and get a 770 especially since its a 4 gig card but I guess I will see what happens :)

I don't remember the model exactly but there 7950's and he said he could probably settle for about 325 for both, I just think that having 2 way 7950 would help with higher res and such but the 770 is an amazing card all around and could probably do the job itself. I just need to search some more lol.

Cause I am short on money atm and am trying to do my best with as little as I have, and trying to get recommendations from several different people to see how others opinions are compared to mine :p And with AMD's next gen cards coming out soon im expecting the others to maybe price drop a little more and then I could maybe grab a 7970 and go from there, just trying to figure things out like I said lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom