BF4 PC System Requirements

XGC Forsakend

Student & Lover of Games
So the FB fan page posted a picture of the system requirements.

I will type them out here:

MINIMUM:
OS
Windows Vista SP2 32-Bit (With k8971512 update)
Processor
AMD Athlon X2 2.8 Ghz
Inel core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz
Memory
4 GB
Graphics card
AMD Radeon HD 3870
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT
Graphics Memory
512 MB
Hard Drive
30 GB

RECOMMENDED
OS
Windows 8 64 Bit
Processor
AMD Six-core CPU
Intel Quad-core CPU
Memory
8 GB
Graphics Card
AMD Radeon HD 7870
Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
Graphics Memory
3 GB
Hard Drive
30 GB

Thoughts and opinions?

Kinda curious if I will have to play in low settings for this...

I just mentioned this in another thread, good timing!
I am pretty confused about recommending 3GB of graphics memory. Crysis 3 recommended 1GB, Planetside 2 recommends 6870, which I think only goes up to 2GB, and I'm struggling to think of other demanding games than have recommended this.

I heard that high graphics memory requirements could be an indicator of the texture quality. Is there any truth in that?

Answered the first question in the other thread. High graphics memory requirements can be one of three things. Large textures, view distance, or texture storing for decompression on the GPU rather than the CPU. Much like what RAGE does and what I've been saying the consoles will most likely do.
I personally think in the case of BF4 it'll be for viewing distance since I think we'll see even larger maps and more destructible environments.

Indeed. One of the things I thought was totally awesome in Bad Company 2 was that you could demolish everything. In BF3 there are things you can't destroy or move. I mean, if you want to base rape, do it proper. Blow everything sky high so they have no cover! :lol:

I still stand by the fact that Bad Company 2 was a much better game than Battlefield 3. I enjoyed it so much more. I think it was the maps - as you said, more stuff to blow up, and they seemed better suited to the way the game played.

I don't see anything in Battlefield 3 that matches a game on Isla Innocentes with friends. Hopefully Battlefield 4 changes that ;)

I'll never know, as I don't plan on buying the game. Won't waste my money on the new CoD by EA. Although, if they ever do a Humble Bundle in 2 years time I might wind up with 3 or 4 copies lol.

Indeed. One of the things I thought was totally awesome in Bad Company 2 was that you could demolish everything. In BF3 there are things you can't destroy or move. I mean, if you want to base rape, do it proper. Blow everything sky high so they have no cover! :lol:

That was one thing I was disappointed with in BF3 coming from BC2. Was fun putting enough C4 on a building's foundation to topple the whole thing down.

Back
Top Bottom