Graphics card issue.

Pmedic311

Beta member
So I just finished my first PC build and noticed my 2gb graphics card is not being recognized. It looks like its using my integrated graphics by default. I rebooted my PC and entered Bios, changed it to read from my PCI Express slot as I thought that was the only problem. As soon as I saved and exited Bios my screen went blank. I have a HDMI cable hooked up from my graphics card going into my monitor and scrolled through my inputs several times and still nothing. I've since then pulled my graphics card out of my PC and hoped it would reboot through the integrated graphics as this is the only option my PC has, but still nothing. The machine turns on and I can hear windows booting up through my speakers, but its not projecting anything through my monitor. What other options do I have??:(

As soon as I saved and exited Bios my screen went blank. I have a HDMI cable hooked up from my graphics card going into my monitor and scrolled through my inputs several times and still nothing.The machine turns on and I can hear windows booting up through my speakers, but its not projecting anything through my monitor. What other options do I have??:(

Alright power down your machine, find the cmos jumpers.
Sample of image of cmos jumper position:
4006183R_12.JPG

Move it to the right and let it stay there for about 5 minutes.
Come back to it and move it back to its default position.
Power back on your machine and see if you get your onboard display back.

While doing all of this please provide your system hardware specs with your new vga card information.

and remove the power cord, and discharge before you reset the bios too

To expand on this, to discharge just unplug the PC from the wall and then press the power button a few times.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TechForums

Back
Top Bottom