computer shuts off and led flashes

aircavv

Beta member
My computer shuts off while playing any game. the led then blinks and the computer will not restart unless i unplug it and press the power down to completly drain the pc. psu issue? driver issue? pls help thx

My computer shuts off while playing any game. the led then blinks and the computer will not restart unless i unplug it and press the power down to completly drain the pc. psu issue? driver issue? pls help thx

Do you have any program at all to detect temperatures by chance? Self shutdown sometimes means that the computer got too hot and it shuts down to preserve its self from doing further/or any damage.

So if you have anything to help you keep track of temperatures, have it running/open while playing your game and check them every once in a while.

Post back any info or pics of the temperatures back ^_^

it is not over heating i have core temp for cpu temps and speedfan for others i also have afterburner....it is def. a hardware or maybe driver problem

Have you by any chance removed and replaced the PSUs heat sink to have a look in exploration? If so them apply some new thermal paste. Are all the fans operational? As the guys suggest above you should consider looking into temperature as all of your symptoms run in that direction.

Check your fans.
Check for dust.
Does your machine have sufficient airflow?
Does your PSU fan operate correctly?
Does your PSU supply enough power for your components?
If your graphics card has a fan... is it operating?
When your computer hangs does it make any sounds such as beeps, grinding and such?

You say it's when you're playing games, but that might not matter if you're always playing games... so... could it possibly also occur if your'e not playing games? (Could support an issue somewhere else with the system).

Is the computer plugged into an extension lead? Is the extender faulty? Can it cope with the power being demanded?

Have you checked your event log? That would have been my first stop yet you haven't mentioned it. Think about the last date and time this happened (as precisely as possible) and then dig into your event log around that time frame. Are there any fatal or unusual errors/warning logged?

Get back to us!

hey guys thanks for your help. ok i replaced the ps, and i had the same problem. when i put the old ps back in, i found out that if i pressed on the mobo it would try and load windows. i believe i have a ground issue so i am now going to pull the mobo and put paper washers in. the computer actually runs fine at the desktop and on chrome, and the computer has been running fine since i built it around 2 years ago. i have not checked the event logs and i will tonight when i get home. the computer is on the same surge protector that has been on it since i built it. i believe the mobo is on its way out. thx for your help

Back
Top Bottom