Need Mobo recommendation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

espeed

In Runtime
Hiya,

Im new here. I have pretty good PC knowledge but basically up the sh*t when it comes to mobos and the like. My problem is I wanna upgrade my crap 2100 DDR RAM to something more juicy, but my current mobo doesnt support higher than 2100, so I gotta upgrade the mobo, heres where I call on the experts. I am after best recommendations for a new Mobo and RAM to replace the existing lot in my system. Current specs are as follows:

Intel P4 2.4 478 Socket 533 Processor
Intel P4 D845EBG2 533 MHz FSB Mainboard
Thermaltake 480W Purepower with PFC
CoolerMaster Jet 4 CPU cooler
512MB DDR 266 PC-2100 RAM
Seagate 80GB 7200RPM ATA100
Geforce BFG GT OC
Creative 5.1 Surround
Dynalink 56K
Samsung CD Writer/Reader

So basically I need a mobo thats gonna fit in with this system and recommendations on RAm to go with it.

Cheers.

if you got money then buy a DFI Lanparty and Dual Channel Corasir(Twinx XMS 1gig (512x2). that would make you run any game out there basicaly.

thanks, like the look of the MSI mainboard, its what i need and the corsair ram. This should get me goin!

lil off topic but nvidia fan what board r u runnin on??? and how much did all that crap cost u?? like 2500?????

yeah that is nice, but at this time I see the priority being to clear the bottleneck created by my Mobo and RAM. My current mobo is only 4x agp and my crap ram speaks for itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom