no beeps no display

mustwatchtv

Beta member
first off hello to all members and im happy to be here

my friend has a compaq presario sr2175 that he wants me to trouble shoot for him ...the problem is when I press the start button I get no display
things I tried
1.power supply
2.since it has onboard video I tried a pcie vid card
3.took the battery out
4.different monitor
5.reseated the cpu with new thermal compond

I checked around the net and never got good solid answer...
thanks for any help

first off hello to all members and im happy to be here
1.power supply
2.since it has onboard video I tried a pcie vid card
3.took the battery out
4.different monitor
5.reseated the cpu with new thermal compond

So even after you did all that, you get no post error, no lights come on your motherboard ?
If thats the case I'm going to say his motherboard has finally had it.
Only way to confirm that is take it to a computer shop and have them test it for non post.

Try pulling ram out individually.
Try booting without the Hdd.

Then Try booting without anything attached. (No Ram, no i/o devices, no HDD, no optical devices etc) you can keep monitor plugged in

I know you said you tested the PSU, but do any of the fans spin?

*After all these are tested then you can start to assume its the MOBO. Although i highly doubt it is. - Check for burst caps on the board while your at it

lights come on ..I can here the hdd just spin but not like its reading and all fans come on. I also disconnected all devices accept for psu and monitor still no display...well I went ahead and ordered a new cpu hope thats the prob

Last edited:
yup lights flash......crazy thing just happened just plugged back in the comp and now Its froze on bios screen

Okay well that indicates that it's the motherboard..
If you can cancel/return the cpu it might be best, unless you'd like to try it yourself first

ok found the problem ...both my computer ram and my "test ram" was bad which led me to believe it was something else...DAMN...oh well I got a cpu coming in the mail

thanks to all who helped out

So even after you did all that, you get no post error, no lights come on your motherboard ?
If thats the case I'm going to say his motherboard has finally had it.
Only way to confirm that is take it to a computer shop and have them test it for non post.

I agree mother board is fryed

Back
Top Bottom