Fatal error: One or more table pointers are invalid

CJxShoTz

Baseband Member
Hello, i just upgraded my hardware to an I5 4670k, Gigabyte Z87 Mobo, 8 gb G skill DDR3, Corsair 750w PSU, and Raedon 7870 GPU. Everything seems to be working well, except on every boot up I get a message-

"Fatal error: One or more table pointers are invalid. Modification could be unsafe... Press any key to continue boot"

My harddrive is my old IDE format hard drive, and the guy who installed my components had to use an IDE to SATA adapter.

What is this table pointer error, is it dangerous/critical, and how can I solve this because it it bothersome to have to press enter on every boot. Thanks for any help.

Please pardon my placement of this post as I did not know where to put it and it started on a new install of windows 7 on my new components.

Yes, it is. Have you run any kind of boot loaders?

Boot loaders from the cmd prompt? Yes. They only worked when i booted from my Windows disk, not on a normal boot. On a normal boot, bootsect.exe is not a valid file. I had to reinstall after that though... if I do a boot loader cmd promt will it get rid of that issue permanently or temporarily?

Boot loaders from the cmd prompt? Yes. They only worked when i booted from my Windows disk, not on a normal boot. On a normal boot, bootsect.exe is not a valid file. I had to reinstall after that though... if I do a boot loader cmd promt will it get rid of that issue permanently or temporarily?
The changes will stay after rebooting, yes.
If bootsect/fixboot/fixmbr commands don't work, then I would just suggest honestly reformatting it and start over (unless, have you done that?).

I agree, a new drive and format is needed. I have used IDE to SATA adapters in the past (still have one) and I always wound up having blue screen issues a few weeks later.

The changes will stay after rebooting, yes.
If bootsect/fixboot/fixmbr commands don't work, then I would just suggest honestly reformatting it and start over (unless, have you done that?).

Yes, already reformatted and installed. Same issue both times.

Back
Top Bottom